Volunteers are the Backbone of Edmarc
Without the kindness, compassion, and hard work of volunteers, Edmarc would be limited in the services provided to children and their families.
Volunteers serve in a variety of capacities from directly working with families to helping with office work. They provide comfort, strength, and encouragement to kids, families, and staff and are an integral part of the Edmarc family.
Edmarc began with a group of volunteers, and today, volunteers are still at the center of what we do. We simply wouldn’t be the same without them.
Ways to Volunteer
- Bereavement: volunteer for grief groups (Peace by Piece and Camp M.A.G.I.C.), make birthday/anniversary/holidays cards, or assist with our Day of Remembrance
- Craft: make birthday cards, sew fabric hearts, make games for family events, etc.
- Delivery: deliver monthly groceries, holiday food baskets, Easter baskets, gifts, etc. to families
- Family Events: volunteer during Spring Fling, Summer Picnic, Fall Festival, the Holiday Party, etc. by serving food, running game stations, and helping with set up and clean up
- Family Friend: help with tasks around a family’s home such as cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Fundraising Events: help with set up and clean up, manage silent auction tables, or help plan a successful event by joining a committee
- Holiday Volunteer: help sort food and box food, sort and wrap gifts, deliver items, etc.
- Hospital Pal: provide cheer in the hospital setting during an in-patient stay
- Office Assistance: help with office tasks such as making packets, data entry, assembling mailings, answering phones, etc. or help organize large donations
- Photography/Videography: help families capture priceless memories or document Edmarc events by volunteering your professional photography services
- Sibling Child Care: provide child care for a patient’s sibling(s) while patient is at a doctor’s appointment or if a caregiver needs a reprieve
- Yardwork: mow lawns, attend gardens, etc. for families or on the Edmarc grounds
- Group Gift or Food Drive: organize a drive to donate items from Edmarc’s Wish List or fill Edmarc’s pantry
- Group Craft Projects: gather friends and create holiday cards, plan and create family event games, etc.
- Holiday Group Volunteers: assist with sorting food and gifts, gift wrapping, party planning and execution, and deliveries, or become a holiday sponsor
- Sponsor a Family Event: help underwrite, plan, and run a family event such as Fall Festival, Spring Fling, or our Holiday Party
- Group Yardwork: assist a family with a large outdoor project or help maintain the Edmarc grounds
Become an Edmarc Volunteer
To find out more information on becoming a volunteer as well as volunteer opportunities, please contact:
Community Resource Coordinator
Sign Up through Point!
Join a volunteer orientation or check out our calendar for community opportunities.
“Edmarc stepped into our lives and all of a sudden I had incredible support. They were like fairy Godmothers.”Wendy Mezzenga, Maddie’s Mom